Bowljobs for the win! Jeff Strikers comes in 2nd. Git ‘er Done took a strong 3rd place after missing the first half win by maybe 1 pin on a roll-off and tying for overall season high points. The rest of the league rounded out like this:
4th – Christi Creams
5th – Unleashed!
6th – Pinhole Surfers
7th – Team 7
8th – Gutters R Us
Christopher Smith sportsmanship award – Christi Broadway and Steve Cooper
High average male – Christopher Moss
High average female – Buck Hilburn
If you know any awards we missed, pipe up in the comments. With the shorter season and no banquet it was all pretty much over before we knew we should keep track!
If you’re one of those bowling-in-summer types, check out the Greater Raleigh Rainbow League (GRRL) [May 24 7pm, bowl Wednesdays 7:30pm for 10 weeks, 4-person teams, mixed league, etc.] If not, you have all summer to think up the perfect bowling innuendo for your team name in the fall!
ARE YOU READY TO BOWL?? – Kings & Queens will have two 15 week seasons this year.
Fall season will be from 9/8/2016 until 12/22/2016.
Spring season will run from 1/12/2017 until 4/20/2017.
Official start to the fall season will be Thursday, Sept. 8 at 7:00 p.m. for league meeting, then bowling afterwards.
- K&Q bowls Thursday nights at Pleasant Valley Lanes in Raleigh
- 10 minutes of warm-up starts at 7:30pm
- League dues will be determined at the league meeting ($15-$18/week)
- We are sanctioned through USBC and IGBO
- We have 4-person teams
- We welcome everyone – high average bowlers, low average bowlers, gay, straight, male, female, and everyone in between
- League bowler benefits include but are not limited to:
- 2 free games each week
- 20% snack bar discount
- coupons for free food & beverage mailed to you.
Please check out the Kings & Queens Facebook Page and share the season-announcement post with your friends. We look forward to seeing you this year!
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org, contact us via Facebook, or just come to the league meeting on September 8. You will find many friendly people who can tell you what you want to know and help you sign up and/or find a team.